Face ice globes are the hottest new skincare tool on the market. These palm-sized globes made of glass, stainless steel, or silicone can be stored in the fridge or freezer and used to massage the face. The extremely cold temperature has numerous benefits for your skin. Read on to learn why face ice globes may be the perfect addition to your skincare routine.
Face ice globes provide a soothing facial massage that reduces puffiness, inflammation, and fatigue. The cold temperature constricts blood vessels, allowing them to carry more oxygenated blood when the skin warms up again, resulting in a healthy glow. In addition to the instant effects, using face ice globes boosts collagen production, lymphatic drainage, and product absorption in the long run. Unlike fingers, the round shape applies gentle, even pressure over the contours of the face. Face ice globes are very affordable and easy to use daily. Choosing this simple tool over expensive cosmetic procedures is the better option for amazing skin.
What are face ice globes?
Face ice globes are skincare tools made of glass, stainless steel, or silicone-shaped spheres that are used to massage the face. They can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer so they are very cold when applied to the skin. The low temperature has many benefits, while the round shape allows the tool to glide evenly over the curves of the face.
Brief history of face ice globes
Using cold therapy to reduce puffiness and inflammation is an ancient practice, but face ice globes themselves are a relatively new skincare tool. Asian beauty rituals have long incorporated gua sha scraping tools and jade rollers stored in cool water for facial massages. In recent years, the practice of storing tools in the fridge or freezer to enhance effects has become popular. Face ice globes emerged around 2015, providing the perfect shape to roll over the face with cold. As celebrities and skin care experts began endorsing their benefits, face ice globes have exploded in popularity.
Benefits of using face ice globes
Using an ice-cold facial massager has numerous benefits for your skin’s health and appearance.
Reduces puffiness and inflammation
The cold temperature of the face ice globes constricts blood vessels, causing instant de-puffing. The massaging motion improves blood circulation as the skin warms up. This rush of newly oxygenated blood reduces water retention and inflammation.
Soothes and refreshes the skin
Storing face ice globes in the fridge or freezer makes them the ideal tool for soothing tired skin. The cold is refreshing while gliding the rounded globes over the face delivers a soothing massage. Using face ice globes is the perfect way to wind down after a stressful day.
Improves blood circulation
The constriction and release of blood vessels create a surge of circulation. Delivering nutrient-rich blood to skin cells supports their healthy function. Consistently improving circulation prevents the buildup of waste and toxins that lead to dull, lifeless skin.
Helps with product absorption
Using face ice globes after applying serums, moisturizers, and eye creams helps absorb the products deeper into the skin tissue. The massaging motion forces the products into the pores rather than sitting on the surface. Cooling the skin tightens pores to better grip the applied products.
How to use face ice globes
Using face ice globes is very simple. With a few preparation steps, you can incorporate this tool into your regular skincare routine.
Preparing the face ice globes
Wash the ice globes with gentle cleanser before first use. Place them in the freezer for 1-2 hours before each use. The exact time needed may vary based on freezer temp and globe material. Glass and stainless steel will retain the cold better than silicone. Check that they have become very cold throughout before removing for facial massage.
Using the face ice globes on the face
- Start with clean, dry skin. Apply any serums or treatment products you want the cold to better absorb.
- Gently glide the globes across clean skin using broad, outward strokes. Focus on areas prone to puffiness like under eyes, cheeks, jaw, and forehead.
- Roll from center of the face outward. Go from nose outwards, then from middle of forehead outwards towards temples and hairline.
- Apply gentle pressure while rolling. Too much force is not needed. The round shape should easily roll over facial contours.
- Roll for 5-10 minutes until skin becomes brightly flushed. The skin should not become painfully icy cold.
- Allow skin to warm back up before applying additional products like moisturizer. The renewed circulation helps active ingredients penetrate.
Different types of face ice globes
Face ice globes are available in a few common materials that have unique benefits.
Traditional glass face ice globes
- Glass retains the cold temperature very effectively to prolong the chilling facial massage.
- Borosilicate glass is durable to withstand dropping.
- Glass provides very smooth gliding over skin.
- May come with protective case.
Stainless steel face ice globes
- Stainless steel conducts cold nearly as effectively as glass.
- More durable material to resist breaking.
- Gets very cold but warms up on skin faster than glass.
- May feel very cold initially before warming against skin.
Silicone face ice globes
- Silicone does not get as cold as glass or steel but still chilled enough for massage.
- Silicone warms up rapidly on contact with skin.
- A more affordable option than glass or stainless steel.
- Can incorporate massage nubs for additional skin benefit.
DIY face ice globes
If you don’t want to purchase face ice globes, there are a couple easy household items that can be used instead. The DIY options may not retain cold as long but provide similar effects.
Using ice cubes
- Start by wrapping a few ice cubes in a thin towel.
- Quickly glide the bundled ice around facial contours using broad, outward sweeping motions.
- Focus on any puffy areas for several minutes until skin looks rosy and feels cool.
Using frozen spoons
- Place metal spoons in the freezer until fully frozen.
- Glide the rounded side of the spoon across the face like the ice globes.
- The wider surface area covers more skin at once than ice cubes.
Face ice globes vs. other skincare tools
While jade rollers and gua sha tools provide similar facial massage benefits, face ice globes’ cold temperature makes them uniquely versatile.
Comparison with jade rollers
- Jade rollers may be stored in the fridge but do not get as cold as ice globes kept in the freezer.
- Jade rollers evenly massage the contours of the face.
- Face ice globes provide cooling, de-puffing, and circulation benefits jade rollers do not.
Comparison with gua sha tools
- Gua sha scrapers can get cold but work better at room temperature for the scraping motion.
- Gua sha targets lymphatic drainage and sculpting.
- Face ice globes’ rolling motion is gentler while still increasing blood flow.
Face ice globes for different skin types
The cold therapy of face ice globes provides benefits no matter your skin type. But certain skin types appreciate the soothing, de-puffing effects even more than others.
- The cold constricts pores for less oil production and reduced acne inflammation.
- De-puffs the look of large pores without harsh ingredients that strip the skin.
- Gentle massage hydrates while improving absorption of moisturizing products applied after.
- Increased circulation prevents dullness and brings fresh nutrients to parched skin.
- Calms irritation and flushing in sensitive complexions.
- Allows incorporation of calming, nourishing ingredients without irritation from hands.
Face ice globes for different skin concerns
In addition to overall circulation and anti-aging boosts, face ice globes can target some common skin care complaints.
- Constricts pores and reduces inflammation and redness.
- Calms irritation from acne treatments.
- Allows medicine absorption without fingers spreading bacteria.
- Boosts collagen production for plumper, firmer skin.
- Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improve definition along facial contours.
- Soothes inflamed, painful skin without harsh chemicals.
- Anti-inflammatory effects reduce redness and burning.
- Allows application of soothing aloe gels.
Tips for using face ice globes
Follow these tips to incorporate face ice globes into your routine safely and effectively.
Frequency of use
Use face ice globes 1-2 times per day. Each massage session should last around 5-10 minutes. Consistency is key to see the circulation and anti-aging skin improvements.
Precautions to take
Avoid direct contact with the eyes and do not press too firmly to prevent pain. Those with sensitivities to cold or circulation issues should consult a dermatologist first. Discontinue use if skin becomes painfully icy or numb.
Reviews and testimonials
Skincare experts, celebrities, and everyday users alike praise face ice globes’ instant and lasting effects on skin.
Stars like Lady Gaga, Bella Hadid, and Khloe Kardashian have shared their love for these cooling globes. Their makeup artists keep them in the fridge backstage to depuff models before runway shows and red carpets.
Verified buyers describe reduced eye bags, smaller looking pores, firmer skin, minimized acne scars, and glowing complexion from using face ice globes. Many report becoming “obsessed” with their simple daily routine.
Where to buy face ice globes
Quality face ice globes are available from online retailers and specialty beauty stores. Prices typically range from $15-$50.
Websites like Amazon, Walmart, and Ebay offer affordable face ice globes in various materials. These sites provide user reviews to evaluate globe quality.
Stores like Sephora, Ulta, and Bluemercury carry face ice globes in retail locations and online. Their experts can recommend types best suited for your skin. Higher end brands available.
How to care for face ice globes
With regular cleaning and proper storage, face ice globes should provide years of skincare benefits.
Cleaning and maintenance
- Wash frequently with gentle cleanser to prevent buildup of dirt, oils, and bacteria.
- Disinfect globes periodically by cleaning with rubbing alcohol or boiling glass globes for 2-3 minutes.
- Always store face ice globes in freezer bags in freezer to prevent contamination and odor absorption.
- Inspect for cracks or cloudiness that may indicate damaged glass or steel globes in need of replacement.
Recap of the benefits of face ice globes
From depuffing and soothing to collagen boosting and cell turnover increase, facial ice globes have many instant and lasting effects. Their easy, affordable at-home use makes them a smart addition to every skincare routine. Using globes chilled in the fridge or freezer will leave all skin types looking refreshed, healthy, and glowing.
Ancient practices prove tried and true over time. Combining cold therapy with modern globes and skincare knowledge is the perfect marriage for anti-aging, skin-loving results. Face ice globes’ many benefits and ease of use ensure their popularity will only continue as the word spreads. Don’t wait to treat your skin to these simple globes with major skin payoffs in the long run!
Call to action
Encouraging readers to try face ice globes
Ready to depuff, brighten, firm, and heal your skin starting today? Give face ice globes a try to join the celebrities and skincare fanatics raving about glow boosts from these all-natural tools you probably have sitting in your freezer already! Ditch expensive creams and treatments in favor of this inexpensive trick to take years off your skin’s appearance fast. Your skin will thank you!